GeoRover® Software Products
The GeoRover software product line provides customer-focused solutions designed to increase the speed, efficiency and productivity of many common GIS workflows.
GeoRover Software Product Line
GeoRover geospatial software are commercial products developed as flexible and efficient tools to aid in the production and analysis of GIS intelligence. GeoRover products enhance Environmental Systems Research Institute (Esri®)-based technology, and mobile technology providing improved data management.
The desktop extensions are designed and sold as "plug-ins" to the ArcMap™ component of Esri ArcGIS® for Desktop GIS software (versions 9.3 and avobe). The mobile-based technology currently resides on the Android™ operating system. View all GeoRover Products »
GeoRover software tools specialize in the following:
Import wizard rapidly and flexibly ingests non-spatial data with coordinates from many different sources (spreadsheets, text, databases) and in many formats into ArcGIS.
Field Data Collection / Visualization
Plot routes and collected field data as layers in ArcGIS. Field data is collected with commercial GPS receivers and other components (digital cameras, voice recorders).
Easy to use, interactive interface within ArcMap for creating and editing feature layers.
Export wizard generates powerful products in standard formats (HTML, PowerPoint®; slideshows, Excel®; spreadsheets) from ArcGIS data.
RPF Display / Management
Raster product format (RPF) tools designed to optimize creation, use, and management of large, file-based RPF datasets including Enhanced Compressed Raster Graphics (ECRG), Compressed ARC Digitized Raster Graphics (CADRG), and Controlled Image Base®; (CIB®;). Ideal for disconnected and operational users.
Full Motion Video Integration
Tools used to track and record multiple Full Motion Video (FMV) feeds inside of the ArcMap application for situational awareness. Allows users to the record platform, sensor footprint, and sensor footprint center point metadata from incoming video feeds into new or existing feature layers.
Mobile Collection Capability
Application on Android™ platform supported mobile devices (smartphones or tablets) that can be used in connected or disconnected environments. Allows users to edit and create features in new or existing feature layers.
Data Conversion between FalconView®; and ArcGIS platforms
Interoperability tools for converting data between common FalconView formats such as Local Point and Draw files and common GIS formats such as shapefiles and feature classes (personal, file, enterprise ArcSDE®). Option to apply FalconView Local Point symbology to point layers in the ArcMap application.
- Significant reduction in training requirements for ArcGIS
- Increased user confidence, greater acceptance of powerful ArcGIS
- Faster, more flexible interface for Esri® ArcGIS® Desktop software
- Improved support for ingestion of data into Esri ArcGIS Desktop software
- Tightly integrated with ArcMap, fully compatible with geodatabase formats
- Rapid export of GIS information into standard product formats
- Superior management and display of large NGA RPF file based datasets (ECRG, CADRG, and CIB)
- Share data between the FalconView and ArcGIS Desktop application
- Field data collection
- No proprietary hardware, works with equipment personnel already use
- Minimizes burden, no connections in the field
- Minimal post-processing
- Mobile application
- Works in connected and disconnected environments
- Exchanges data between mobile and desktop platforms