- Intelligence & Homeland SecurityBack
- Advanced SolutionsBack
Build Your Career
Build Your Career
Grow with us. We offer resources for professional development and learning, complemented by flexible career paths and an inclusive environment.
Where do you want to be in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years? At Leidos, you can customize your professional development around your goals.
Individual Development Plan
When you join Leidos, we’ll encourage you to create an Individual Development Plan (IDP). Through the IDP tool, you set your career goals, plan learning experiences, and track your own progress. Your IDP is a living document, refined with the help of your manager, that you revise, update, and revisit throughout your Leidos career.
Career Path Programs
Take advantage of our:
- Science and Engineering Career Path
- Project and Program Management Career Path
- Systems Engineering Career Path
- Project Controls Career Path
We also offer career development resources for other professional categories, including:
- Line and Program Management
- Technical Fields
- Business Development and Marketing
- Intel and Defense Analysis
- Functional and Administrative
Learning is a life-long endeavor; we offer opportunities for education and development throughout your career.
Undergraduate and Graduate Studies
Leverage the relationships we've built with colleges and universities. Some provide academic credit for completion of our web-based courses. Others support our on-site graduate degree programs in business and systems engineering.
No matter where you are in your career, we offer development programs that will help you take the next step:
- Managers new to Leidos can learn how to use Leidos’ tools and systems to navigate the company effectively.
- First-time supervisors will get guidance through the transition from individual contributor to manager.
- Mid-level managers find out how to better demonstrate effective leadership to team members, spot future talent, and fuel staff performance.
- Executive and senior managers can learn how to increase their influence through unique development experiences and engagement with senior executives.
- Assessment tools and coaching are available to all managers. Take advantage of this feedback to pinpoint your unique development needs and build an individual plan.
We also provide a variety of training opportunities to keep your knowledge and skills up to date.
On-site Learning Centers
At some Leidos locations, learning centers offer comprehensive curricula delivered by our own subject matter experts, as well as outside trainers. Topics cover key company functions and critical skills needed throughout your career. Current areas of study include:
- Program Management
- Systems Engineering
- Technology and Science
- Business Development
- Finance, Accounting, and Business Management
- Human Resources
We also offer employees access to our best-in-class e-Learning suite for both formal and informal learning. You can use it to:
- Train for a new job-related task or try new skills.
- Update your business, leadership, IT, or desktop-computing skills.
- Work on certifications, academic degrees, or other skills for success.
You’ll have access to the complete, unabridged contents of thousands of books on business, engineering, government, information technology, administration, and executive leadership.
Enroll in programs to help you prepare for professional and technical certifications. Our formal certification programs include:
- Project Management Institute (PMI®) certification test preparation.
- International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE) certification test preparation.
- Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI) certifications.
- Microsoft technical and software certifications.
- Cisco technical certifications.
- Information assurance certifications.
Follow Leidos on LinkedIn
Click the button below to learn about new job openings and get updates on Leidos careers.