- Defense & Intelligence Back
- Advanced SolutionsBack
Health Research Management Practice
Health Research Management Practice
Knowledge, flexibility, collaboration: Our team complements your team.
The Leidos Health Research Management Practice (HRMP) team collaborates with funders of biomedical research to accelerate the prevention, treatment, and cure of disease affecting our families, friends, and people all over the world.
Providing Solutions to help improve healthcare
Our flexible business model allows us to take on projects of all sizes and complexities. From improving program processes to optimizing business operations, Leidos designs and delivers customized solutions that help you perform more efficiently. We focus on three primary aspects in support of biomedical research organizations: Mission and Vision, Patient/Stakeholder Engagement, and Business Operations.
Mission and Vision Support
- Strategic Planning initiatives for government and commercial customers include guiding the development of organizational strategic plans that support real-time strategies for encouraging innovation and risk-taking, reviewing current projects, developing new ventures, and bolstering the organization's accountability and reporting enterprise.
- Program/Portfolio Management includes designing and developing new programs, performing landscape analyses, exploring partnerships, and providing support during the drug discovery process.
- Grants Management process support from initial development through implementation and sustainability covers the entire pre-award cycle: Request For Proposal (RFP) development, RFP launching, review of Letters of Intent and applications, recruitment and training of scientific and patient/stakeholder reviewers, peer-review meeting logistics support, and management of the peer-review process. We also support the entire post-award cycle from award set-up, through activation of the award, reporting, compliance, auditing, and close-out.
- Twenty years of experience in support of the DoD Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs and, more recently, the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute, has given our Leidos team a solid background in the development, management, implementation, and sustainment of Patient/Stakeholder Programs. This includes Mentorship, Ambassador, and Consumer programs that support a patient-centered organization. Over the past two decades, our team has recruited and trained over 3,000 patients, stakeholders, and/or consumers.
- Our Ph.D.- and M.D.-level professionals provide Education and Training to scientists and patients/stakeholders using a variety of methods, including e-training platforms, seminars, and the social networking service Yammer.
- Understanding that internal and external communications are essential to the success of an organization, our Strategic Communication support addresses the needs of all constituents using the most relevant tools such as social media, electronic- and print material, videos, and exhibits.
- Risk Management and Compliance controls are highly critical to the success of an organization and Leidos provides specific expertise to help maintain the organization's accountability in alignment with its mission, vision, and goals.
- Highly trained Information Technology experts provide support for organizational infrastructure, with added efficiencies and the right risk controls to manage business operations. Leidos supports assessment and implementation of core systems regarding daily operations in the areas of finance, human resources, customer relationships, grants management, learning management, and Internet and intranet communications.
See our Grants Management Solutions page for additional capabilities in this area.