Ameren Illinois program recognized with national industry award
The Association of Energy Services Professionals (AESP) recognized the Ameren Illinois energy efficiency program, administered by Leidos, with its 2020 Outstanding Achievement in Customer Engagement award during the 30th Annual Conference in February. The accolade acknowledges the accomplishments and impacts of Ameren Illinois’ Market Development Initiative, which makes energy efficiency more accessible for all customers regardless of income or socioeconomic status. Enabled by the Illinois Future Energy Jobs Act, the initiative provides enhanced incentives and resources for customers to overcome participation barriers, complete energy-saving upgrades, and improve quality of life. Kristol Simms, Director of Strategy and Innovation for Ameren Illinois, heavily advocated for the Market Development Initiative during the regulatory approval process and continues to lead the effort.
“One of my goals has been to ensure that all utility customers, regardless of income, have an opportunity to receive real and meaningful savings from the energy efficiency programs they have been paying for,” said Ameren Illinois President Richard Mark regarding his vision of energy efficiency for all.
Key engagement components of the award-winning Market Development Initiative include:
- Hosting more than 150 outreach events with local associations, organizations, and agencies throughout Illinois
- Establishing partnerships with community influencers, local organizations, and community action agencies
- Utilizing diverse business partners and suppliers to support engagement strategies and new business opportunities
- Implementing internship and scholarship programs that promote workforce development opportunities in the energy efficiency industry
- Partnering with leading product manufacturers to deliver emerging energy-efficient technologies to income-qualified customers at no cost
Through the industry-leading Market Development Initiative, Ameren Illinois and Leidos have successfully reached more than 5,300 customers with energy efficiency education, ongoing energy savings, and improved comfort. Learn more about Leidos' award-winning energy efficiency solutions and services.