EHR Affiliate Strategy
Connecting you to your partners.
Extending your technology platform to independent physicians and hospital partners requires careful planning and coordination. Leidos Health guides you through the steps to successfully identify potential candidates, as well as to plan, build, staff, implement, and optimize your affiliate capabilities.
Our unique combination of knowledge, experience, and methodologies has helped numerous healthcare organizations stay on time and on budget with their Epic Connect and Cerner CommunityWorks projects. Working alongside your team, we support you with:
- Discovery and planning services to develop a detailed strategic plan that includes governance, integrated resource planning, sequencing, and total cost of ownership.
- Defined methodologies including communications strategies, hardware selection, training, system build and testing, and adoption support.
- Collaboration and coordination with ambulatory, inpatient, and ancillary go-lives.
- Dedicated project teams to assure adequate staffing and qualified resources for go-lives.
- Practice participation, training, and integration with your deployment team.
Benefits of an Affiliate Program
Includes clinical advantages, continuum advantages, and financial advantagesDownload Fact Sheet
- Achieve quality improvements
- Expand acute care services
- Support patient-centric focus
- Expand scope of services
- Improve patient engagement
- Expand market share geographically
- Achieve operational efficiency
- Gain access to capital
- Support population health management and value-based care
Identifying an Ideal EHR Host
Being hosted by a neighboring health care system can have many benefits, including access to their electronic health record platform and additional software tools, system integration, staff support, and training. If you’re considering becoming a healthcare affiliate, an ideal EHR host would offer:
- An Ambulatory and/or Inpatient application suite
- Applications for registrations, scheduling, and optional billing
- Fully integrated ancillary applications including lab and radiology services
- Electronic ordering/prescription offerings
Our experienced consultants can help you identify potential EHR hosts and the total cost to your organization, as well as create competitive pricing models for your facility.
Build a Foundation for Success
Utilize our proven framework to ensure that foundational planning, design, host and affiliate readiness, product validation, and infrastructure are in place before system build. We collaborate with your team to plan for overall staffing to include project management and oversight, analyst build support, communication, change management, technical infrastructure support, end-user training, go-live, and post go-live optimization.
A successful program begins with a solid plan. Leverage our deep expertise and proven methodologies to prepare for your project’s start, including strategic planning, readiness assessments, ROI analysis, strategic roadmaps, resource planning, and advisory support.
We help you make informed decisions as you create your affiliate offering or your host requirements. We work with you to develop a business plan, assess your organization’s and partner’s readiness for implementation, determine costs and pricing, and develop an Affiliate Implementation program that supports your mutual goals.
Whether you’re extending your system to independent partners or newly acquired affiliates, our best practices, proven methodologies, and project management support ensure an organized, well-managed implementation. Utilizing our extensive systems experience and lessons learned from our many engagements helps streamline the migration process.
Our consultants excel at workflow analysis, system build, integrated testing, and end-user training for nearly any EHR vendor. We offer scalable maintenance and support options as you extend.
To ensure your Go-Live is a success, you need system experts on the ground training staff and providing support. Let Leidos Health’s dedicated Go-Live team augment your team with the industry’s best professionals who bring years of experience implementing and supporting EHR and affiliate products from a variety of vendors. With our fulfillment, project coordination, onboarding, billing and logistics specialists we can meet your program’s needs, regardless of size or complexity.
Gauging system adoption and improving workflows of new affiliates is essential. Through post-live site visits and end-user surveys, our team identifies improvement opportunities. We further support the continuous optimization of your program as well as the unique reporting needs of your partners by building system enhancements and added functionality.