Starting a career in cybersecurity
At Leidos cybersecurity is foundational to all that we do and is critical to the mission of each customer.
A rewarding career in cybersecurity
Cybersecurity is critical to our national security and skills are in demand across virtually every industry from government to healthcare, and defense to financial services. Cybersecurity is now fundamental to successful business, and it’s a front-page story almost every week. We need skilled and talented people who can work hard to ensure data stays out of the wrong hands.
Information and cyberspace is the fifth domain of warfare, alongside sea, air, land, and space. Through our work with defense agencies, military services and the intelligence community we are on the front line of combatting cyber threats.
Do you have what it takes?
We've put together this aptitude test to see if you have what it takes to begin a career in cyber.
A number of cyber security breaches have occurred at fictional company 'Vital Electric' and it's up to you to utilise your cyber skills to detect, analyse and stop the intrusion via a series multiple choice questions that will test your knowledge and hopefully be a bit of fun, too..
Security controls in people, process and technology are each necessary for ensuring the protection of critical national infrastructure. If a weakness is discovered in any of the controls put in place, a persistent adversary will look to exploit it. Using a defender-driven approach and the intelligence left behind will help you understand the steps an adversary will go through to gain access to an environment and maintain persistence whilst there.
Cyber Security Challenge
You have completed the Leidos Cyber Challenge
How to start a career in cyber
- Explore IT and Cyber training options at 2-year institutions or the military which can make you marketable for jobs that require a security clearance.
- Going for a four-year degree? Look for colleges that have a security focus by reviewing the Centers of Academic Excellence.
The essential skills for a career in cybersecurity
We want people who are curious, express new ideas, have a desire to solve challenges, and will propose innovative solutions in an ever changing landscape.Learn the key skills required
- The right attributes, experience, and certifications can help you start a cyber career without a four-year degree
- Achievement in math and science are not a pre-requisite to be successful
- Some of the most successful business owners are in the tech and cyber industry
- Some of the best cyber professionals do not have a technical degree, diversity of thought is a key facet of cyber
- Cyber Aces Free Online Training Program from SANS
- Cyber Camp for Teachers
- Cyber Discovery Summer Camp (High School)
- Cyber Education Certificate Program for Educators
- Cyber Lab Guide for Educators - Grades 6-12
- Cyber Literacy for High School Students - Part 1
- Cyber Literacy for High School Students – Part 2
- Cyber Science Curriculum
- K-12 Computer Science Framework
- Cyber 9/12 Student Challenge
- Cyber Security (CS4CS) Summer Program for High School Women
- Facebook Capture the Flag Open Source Platform
- George Mason University Pre-College STEM Summer Classes
- GenCyber Camps
- Major League Hacking
- Maryland Center for Women in Computing Summer Camps
- Metro Hacks
- Metro Hacks Women
- Northern Virginia Community College STEM Camp
- PennState Summer Camp
- Syracuse University Summer College for High School Students
- US Cyber Challenge Summer Camp
- US Cyber Patriot
- Computing Now – Security & Privacy
- CSO Security and Risk Newsletters
- CyberWire: Cybersecurity News Connection
- Hacker Video Community
- IEEE Cyber Security
- In Depth Security Articles and How To articles
- Internet and Enterprise Security News, Insights & Analysis
- ITSP Magazine
- Microsoft Security Newsletter
- SANS: Cyber Security Newsletters
- Security News and Articles
- TechNewsWorld CyberSecurity