Health IT Testing & Certification
Accredited Testing & Evaluation
The Health IT Certification Program was designed to be an iterative process to promote innovation in the health care technology ecosystem to deliver improved information, more conveniently, to patients and clinicians. Since the program’s inception in 2010, the program has issued three editions. With the introduction of each new edition, the program furthers this objective.
Building on past rulemakings to facilitate greater interoperability for multiple clinical health information purposes and enable health information exchange through new and enhanced certification criteria, standards, and implementation specifications, the program published the 2015 Edition Cures Act Update in 2020 through the 21st Century Cures Act.
The update further supports seamless and secure access, exchange, and use of electronic health information. It also includes a provision requiring that patients have electronic access to all their electronic health information, structured or unstructured, at no cost to the patient.
The new Cures Act Update also changed the existing 2015 Edition Health IT Certification Criteria. The changes focus on but are not limited to standards and new processes.
Leidos’ expansive Certification and Healthcare background have proven methodologies and expertise to help optimize your health IT testing and certification needs. Evident by being one of a select few entities that is a trusted partner and designated as an ONC Authorized Test lab (ATL) accredited through National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP Lab Code 200427-0). Additionally, the Leidos AT&E team is also accredited through ANAB/ANSI (Accreditation ID# 9043) and has applied to become an ONC-Authorized Certification Body offering our customers a turnkey menu of support through the testing and certification process.
Testing and Certification Services
- Testing through Attestation and Demonstration
- Criteria Testing Comprehension Support
- Only EHRs that are secure, trustworthy, or functional receive certification.
- Organizations can avoid negative Medicare payment adjustments while having the potential to receive positive adjustments through Quality Payment Program participation.
- Certified products have been successfully tested to ensure the utmost level of security.
- Staff and physicians can be assured that their software meets rigorous Health IT Program requirements.
- Implementing an certified EHR allows a Healthcare organization to potentially earn more money.
- Patients' personal information remains private and secure while readily available to all healthcare providers managing their care through secure APIs and interoperability methods.
Building on 20 years of industry experience, Leidos continues our successful contribution through our AT&E Lab as an industry volume leader. Our AT&E labs has certified more than 1,000 IT security products across several disciplines.
Why Partner with Leidos
Our Subject Matter Experts intimately understand which standards apply to your product, how to meet the required criteria, and how those requirements fit together. Our personnel combine evaluation expertise with programmatic experience, allowing Leidos to provide a single source for all of your testing and certification needs, decreasing overall cost and timelines, and building a long-term partnership.