Last Updated: May 2019
Leidos Australia Pty Limited ABN 79 612 590 155 and its related Australian entities are committed to upholding your rights to privacy protection. We will comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), as amended, and any other applicable laws applicable to us which regulate the collection, use, disclosure and handling of personal information.
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is:
- true or not; and
- is recorded in a material form or not.
By using our website(s) or otherwise interacting with us, you may be asked to provide personal information in order to accomplish the purpose of your visit or assist us to operate our business, including providing or acquiring goods and services. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us collecting, using, disclosing and/or transferring (including cross-border transfer) that information in accordance with this Policy.
Please ensure that you read this Policy before submitting your information to us. You are responsible for the information that you provide or make available and you must ensure that it is legal, honest, truthful, accurate and not misleading in any way. You must ensure that the information provided does not contain any material that is obscene, defamatory, or infringing on any rights of any third party, or otherwise legally actionable by such third party. Before providing personal information to us relating to other persons, you must obtain their consent and notify them of the location of this Policy.
Information we collect
We will collect and hold personal information that is necessary for our business operations, or to comply with our legal obligations. The types of information we collect and hold will depend on the reasons for, or circumstances of, its collection. It may include, amongst other things:
- contact information, including your name, postal and email addresses and telephone number;
- employment or engagement application information, including your resume, work authorisation information, education history, career history, security clearances and other information legally required before access to certain US derived technical information and services related to military products can be granted to you;
- other personal information you give us when you provide or acquire a good or service to or from us, including your corporate profile, requirements with respect to specific goods or services, opinion or preferences with respect to any of our or your goods or services, payment and transactional information and billing and credit information, including payment, credit and service history;
- any information we are required to collect by law.
We will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information about you unless it is necessary to operate our business and we have your consent or unless we are legally required to collect, use or disclose that information. Sensitive information includes any information about a person's race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations, membership of a professional, trade or political association or union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record, health information or genetic information about an individual that is not otherwise health information.
How we collect information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including information that you provide to us:
- through your use of our website(s), goods or services;
- when you apply for employment or engagement with us;
- when you or your representatives interact with us or one of our trusted partners, including our service providers, contractors or agents;
- when you make a payment to us or one of our trusted partners.
In addition, there will be circumstances where we obtain your personal information from other sources, such as from credit reporting and verification bodies and from publicly available information.
We may also monitor and record your communications with us (including email and telephone) for security, dispute resolution, and training purposes and we also operate video and audio surveillance devices in our premises.
Where we collect your personal information, we will do so only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. The specific information that you may choose to provide will depend on the nature of the transaction to be completed and is always voluntary. Where it is lawful or practical to do so, you may choose to deal with us anonymously. However, we may not be able to conduct particular functions or activities, including providing you with or acquiring your goods and services if you do not provide us with the information we reasonably request.
Holding and securing your information
We hold your personal information electronically and in hard copy form, both at our own premises and with the assistance of our trusted partners, including our related entities and service providers, some of which are based overseas, including in the United States of America.
We protect any personal information that we collect and hold about you from misuse or loss. We also protect it from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Where we need to disclose your personal information to a third party, we will restrict their use to the specific purpose that we have provided it and use best endeavours to ensure that they observe and adhere to the terms of this Policy.
We also take measures in respect of destroying or de-identifying personal information that is no longer needed for any lawful purpose. Unfortunately, the internet is not a secure place and we cannot guarantee security of your personal information.
Use of your information
We collect your personal information so that we can use it for or in connection with our business operations, which may include, amongst other things:
- helping us to operate, maintain and improve our website(s), our business and the products and services we may acquire from or provide to you;
- communicating with you, including in order to acquire or provide you with products and services;
- evaluating potential suppliers and subcontractors and manage our relationships with them;
- conducting assessments and verifying personal information provided to us to enable us to employ or engage you and lawfully conduct our business;
- working with our related entities, service providers, contractors and agents in the conduct of our business;
- sending information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- addressing any queries, feedback or complaints we receive from you;
- developing, improving, analysing and, marketing (unless restrictions apply) goods and services that may be offered by us and/or our selected partners. In some cases marketing activity may continue after you’ve stopped providing or using our products or services, and until you opt-out. You can stop us using your information for direct marketing by contacting us using the contact details below;
- complying with relevant laws, regulations and standards; and
- using your personal information for any other purpose that it was collected for, or any related purpose for which we are entitled to use your personal information.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with third parties who assist us with the operation of our business. We may also disclose your information to:
- your authorised representatives or advisers, or when you ask us to do so;
- identity and fraud-checking bodies for verification;
- our related entities, services providers and agents and other businesses we work with, including or through whom you may acquire goods or services;
- law enforcement and national security agencies, and other government and regulatory authorities as required or authorised by law;
- third parties who assist us with recruitment, for the purposes of assisting us to evaluate your application and to make contact with you and your referees;
- our professional advisors; and
- third parties who assist us with managing or developing our business and corporate strategies and functions, including our corporate risk or funding functions and for the purposes of facilitating or implementing a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business.
In some cases, the organisations that we may disclose your information to may be based outside Australia. For example, we may share your information with our related entities and service providers in the United States of America. We take reasonable steps to ensure that third party recipients are obliged to protect the privacy and security of your personal information consistent with this Policy and use it only for the purpose for which it is disclosed.
Access to or correction of your information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information collected by us is accurate and up-to-date at the time of collecting, using and disclosing.
If you learn that personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, you should contact us. You also have a right to request that a statement be attached to your personal information if we disagree with your request to correct the information.
You can ask to obtain access to personal information that we hold about you, although in some circumstances, the law may not permit us to provide such information to you. If we are not able to provide you with access to any of your personal information held by us, we will tell you the reasons why this is the case. We may ask you to put your request in writing and pay a reasonable fee to us before providing requested access.
Contacting us or making a complaint
If you have any questions relating to this Policy, or for questions you might have about our privacy practices, including complaints, please contact us at:
Leidos Australia Pty Limited
ABN 79 312 590 155
Building 39, 1508 Centre Road
Clayton, Victoria AUSTRALIA, 3168
Phone: 1800 534 367
E-mail: [email protected]
If you have a complaint you will need to provide us with sufficient details regarding the complaint as well as any supporting evidence and/or information. Our Privacy Officer will investigate the issue and make all reasonable attempts to respond to your complaints or requests. We will contact you if we require any additional information and will notify you of the outcome of the investigation. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
If you expand the + symbol next to the dates below, you will see a summary of the recent substantive changes to this page and the dates these updates came in to effect.