Pay & Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers.
We structure our salaries to be competitive for the region, market conditions, hardship, and hazards. We also:
- Reward your contributions to the company and our customers' mission.
- Recognize and reward notable advances for your profession, the company, and your customers.
- Ensure fairness, comply with applicable federal, state, and international laws, and meet applicable audit entities’ standards.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive health coverage, health and wellness programs, and on-site fitness options (at some locations) are designed to keep you and your family healthy.
- Medical insurance plans cover you and your eligible family members, including registered domestic partners, through national HSA-compatible consumer-directed health plans and regional HMOs where available.
- Dental insurance options include a national PPO plan and regional dental HMO plans.
- Vision coverage is provided by a national insurer.
- Health Savings Account is available in conjunction with our consumer-directed health plans and let you set aside pre-tax dollars for certain eligible healthcare expenses.
- Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts let you set aside pre-tax dollars for eligible medical, dental, vision, mental health, and pharmacy expenses.
- Mission for Life wellness program designed to help you reach your goals through personally tailored health information and behavior change support. A confidential well-being assessment, personal coaching, and online tools will help you manage:
- Nutrition and diet
- Weight loss
- Fitness goals
- Stress relief
- Smoking cessation
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides confidential assessments and referrals to help deal with personal issues that could affect your health, family, or job performance.
Benefits should provide peace of mind, support you and your family, and help you successfully navigate life events. We took all these factors into account when we developed our income protection.
- Term Basic Life insurance is provided equal to your annual base salary, up to $1 million while eligible dependents are covered at $2,000 each.
- Group Universal Life (GUL) insurance can be purchased up to $4 million.
- Optional Dependent Life insurance can be purchased on an after-tax basis.
- Spouse or domestic partner coverage
- Child coverage
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance is provided equal to your annual base salary, up to $250,000. You can also purchase supplemental AD&D coverage up to $1,000,000.
- Business travel accident insurance is provided equal to three times your annual base salary, up to $500,000.
- A Disability benefit that may include:
- Disability sick leave
- Voluntary short-term disability insurance plan
- Private California short-term disability insurance
- Other state-mandated short-term disability plans, where applicable
- Voluntary long-term disability insurance
Time off is as important to your professional productivity as it is to your personal well-being. We offer several types of leave that together total the time you need to live your life outside the office.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
As an eligible employee, you’ll be able to accrue paid time off for vacations, personal business, and short-term illness. You can also borrow up to 40 hours of PTO before you accrue it, with your manager’s approval.
Most Leidos employees get ten paid holidays each year, three floating holidays* to be used at your discretion and these seven fixed holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Note: Holidays may vary based on contractual requirements.
*Floating holidays are prorated based on date of hire
Military Reservist Leave
As a military reservist you’ll receive 2 weeks, equivalent to 10 working days, pay differential during each fiscal year. If you’re called up for a national emergency or requested for active duty, we’ll provide you the flexibility to serve when and where you’re needed.
You’ll receive full pay when you serve jury duty.
You’ll receive up to three days off, fully paid, due to the death of a close family member.
The Leidos Retirement Plan is designed to make your journey to retirement a little easier. Eligibility for the Plan is determined by your fringe package.
- A 100 percent company match on your pre-tax and or Roth after-tax contributions, up to 5 percent of your salary.
- Vesting of company contributions over three years of service.
- Pre-tax, Roth after-tax, and/or traditional after-tax contributions are allowed.
- Immediate eligibility for company contributions.
- Both passive and active investment options with a wide selection of funds.
- Investment advice from Vanguard and Financial Engines.
Understanding the inherent challenges of balancing work and family responsibilities, we also offer benefits to make family life a little easier:
- Back-up childcare, for kids 3 months to 13 years old, is available at Bright Horizons centers throughout the U.S. Every employee can take advantage of this benefit up to 20 days per child, per year.
- Dependent Daycare Flexible Spending Accounts let you set aside pre-tax dollars for eligible daycare expenses.