- Defense & Intelligence Back
- Advanced SolutionsBack
Pay & Benefits
Pay & Benefits
The practical matters of pay and benefits are important factors in any career decision. That's why we put so much time and effort into crafting compensation packages.
We structure salaries to be competitive for the region, market conditions, hardship, and hazards. We also:
- Reward your contributions to the company and our customers' mission.
- Recognize and reward notable advances for your profession, the company, and your customers.
- Ensure fairness, comply with applicable federal and state laws, and meet applicable audit entities’ standards.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive health coverage, health and wellness programs, and on-site fitness options (at some locations) are designed to keep you and your family healthy.
- Medical insurance plans cover you and your eligible family members, including registered domestic partners, through national HSA-compatible consumer-directed health plans and regional HMOs where available.
- Dental insurance options include a national PPO plan and regional dental HMO plans.
- Vision coverage is provided by a national insurer.
- Health Savings Accounts let you set aside pre-tax dollars for eligible medical, dental, vision, mental health, and pharmacy expenses.
- Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts are available in conjunction with our consumer-directed health plans and let you set aside pre-tax dollars for certain, eligible healthcare expenses.
- myWellness is a free health and wellness program designed to help you reach your goals through personally tailored health information and behavior change support. A confidential health assessment, personal coaching, and online tools will help you manage:
- Nutrition and diet.
- Weight loss.
- Fitness goals.
- Stress relief.
- Smoking cessation.
- Full-service fitness centers at some Leidos campuses offer cardio and strength training equipment, as well as aerobics and group exercise classes. In addition, we facilitate discounts on gym memberships.
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides confidential assessments and referrals to help deal with personal issues that could affect your health, family, or job performance.
Benefits should provide peace of mind, support you and your family, and help you successfully navigate life events. We took all these factors into account when we developed our insurance offerings.
- Term life insurance is provided equal to your annual base salary, up to $500,000, while eligible dependents are covered at $2,000 each.
- Supplemental term life insurance can be purchased, up to $1,500,000. Spouse or domestic partner coverage is available to purchase at $10,000, $25,000, or $50,000. Child coverage is also available to purchase at $5,000 and $10,000.
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance is provided equal to your annual base salary, up to $250,000. You can also purchase supplemental AD&D coverage up to $1,000,000.
- Business travel accident insurance is provided equal to three times your annual base salary, up to $300,000.
- A Disability benefit that may include:
- Disability sick leave.
- Voluntary short-term disability insurance plan.
- Private California short-term disability insurance.
- Other state-mandated short-term disability plans, where applicable.
- Voluntary long-term disability insurance.
Leave / Holidays
Time off is as important to your professional productivity as it is to your personal well-being. We offer several types of leave that together total the time you need to live your life outside the office.
As an eligible employee, you’ll be able to accrue paid time-off for vacations, personal business, and short-term illness. You can also borrow up to 40 hours of comprehensive leave before you accrue it, with your manager’s approval.
Most Leidos employees get nine paid holidays each year, two alternative holidays* to be used at your discretion and these seven fixed holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Note: Holidays may vary based on contractual requirements.
*Alternative holidays are prorated based on date of hire
Military Reservist Leave
As a military reservist, you’ll have paid time-off for annual reserve training, up to 10 working days during each fiscal year. If you’re called up for a national emergency or requested for active duty, we’ll provide you the flexibility to serve when and where you’re needed.
You’ll receive full pay when you serve jury duty.
You’ll receive up to three days off, fully paid, due to the death of a close family member,
Disability Sick Leave
On the date you’re hired, you’ll be credited 10 days of disability sick leave. On each subsequent anniversary you’ll be credited another 10 days, up to 195 days. Your disability sick leave is integrated and paid in conjunction with disability programs for the first 180 days.
The Leidos Retirement Plan is designed to make your journey to retirement a little easier. Eligibility for the Plan is determined by your fringe package.
- A 50 percent company match of your contributions, up to 6 percent of your salary.
- An additional annual company contribution of 2% of Plan eligible compensation whether you participate or not. (Must be employed as of the last business day of the Plan year to receive, unless deceased, disabled or retired during the Plan year.)
- Vesting of company contributions over five years of service.
- Pre-tax and/or Roth 401(k) contributions.
- Immediate eligibility for company contributions.
- Both passive and active investment options with a wide selection of funds.
- Investment advice from Vanguard and Financial Engines.
Understanding the inherent challenges of balancing work and family responsibilities, we also offer benefits to make family life a little easier:
- Back-up childcare, for kids 3 months to 13 years old, is available at our McLean, Va., and San Diego locations. Every local employee can take advantage of this benefit up to 20 days per child, per year.
- Dependent Daycare Flexible Spending Accounts let you set aside pre-tax dollars for eligible daycare expenses.
Follow Leidos on LinkedIn
Click the button below to learn about new job openings and get updates on Leidos careers.