Last Updated: January 2019
Leidos, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Leidos,” “we” or us”) recognizes the importance of protecting the personal information of any visitor to leidos.com, sites that operate on a related sub-domain, or sites identified as being owned and operated by Leidos (“Leidos websites”). This Privacy Statement (or “Statement”) applies only to Leidos’ online activities and is valid for visitors to Leidos websites with regards to the information that is shared and/or collected. This policy is not applicable to any information collected offline or via channels other than this website. We commit to processing your Personal Information responsibly and in compliance with applicable data protection/privacy laws in the countries where we operate.
This Statement applies to all users of our Leidos websites. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have additional rights, which are explained in the Application of Local Laws and Managing Your Personal Information sections.
For purposes of this Statement, “you” refers to any visitor to a Leidos website.
If there is a conflict between this Statement and the terms of any agreement between a Leidos customer and Leidos, the terms of such agreement will control.
Accepting this Statement
You acknowledge that you have read this Statement and that you understand and accept it.
Your use of our Leidos websites and any dispute related to the collection of your Personal Information is subject to this Privacy Statement, any applicable Terms of Service (including any applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes) and any applicable End User License Agreement.
Application of Local Laws
This Privacy Statement is designed to comply with relevant applicable laws in the United States, United Kingdom, European Union, Canada and Australia. If an applicable local data protection or privacy law provides for a lesser level of protection than that established by this Statement, then this Statement shall prevail.
Consent to Data Transfer
While Leidos has active businesses in many countries around the globe, we are headquartered in the United States. Thus, if you proceed to use this site, your Personal Information may be transferred to or accessible by entities or individuals in the United States and processed according to the terms described in this Privacy Statement.
Personal Information collected by Leidos may be stored and processed in the United States and/or in any other country where Leidos or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers operate facilities. Typically, the primary storage location is in the United States or a customer’s region (which may also be the United States), often with a backup to a data center in a different region. Storage location(s) are chosen in order to operate efficiently, improve performance, and create redundancies to protect the data in the event of an outage or other problem.
We (or our service providers) may transfer Personal Information from the EEA to other countries, some of which have not yet been determined by the European Commission to have an adequate level of data protection. For example, those countries’ laws may not guarantee you the same rights, or there may not be a government authority capable of addressing your concerns. When we engage in such transfers, we use a variety of legal mechanisms, including contracts and written assurances from service providers, to help ensure your rights and protections travel with your Personal Information. To learn more about the European Commission’s decisions on the adequacy of the personal data protection in the countries where Leidos operates (such as the United States), please visit: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en.
By continuing to use this site, you authorize Leidos and its service providers to transfer your Personal Information to – or make it available in – destinations outside your home country and to process it according to this Privacy Statement. You may contact us at email@example.com for more information about the safeguards used to protect your Personal Information if it is transferred outside of your country of residence.
What Types of Personal Information Are Collected via Leidos Websites?
For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, “Personal Information” generally means data, or a combination of data from one or more sources, that identifies or could reasonably be used to identify an individual.
When you visit a Leidos website, the Personal Information collected about you may include, but is not limited to:
- postal address;
- e-mail address;
- organization name and job title;
- telephone number;
- IP address;
- network and geo-location; and
- education and/or employment history.
If you cannot or choose not to provide us with this Personal Information, we may be unable to provide you with the information or services you have requested.
Why is this Personal Information Collected?
We generally collect the Personal Information described above on an entirely voluntary basis – in other words, we do not require you to give us your Personal Information. Certain areas of Leidos websites, however, may request your Personal Information so that you can use specific features, learn more about Leidos or access certain content. For example, you may be asked to submit Personal Information if you:
- request a product demo, download or access information about our products, services or programs;
- watch on-demand content;
- submit a contact form to request customer or technical support;
- access Investor Relations information;
- apply for a job with Leidos; or
- ask to have a Leidos employee contact you.
Non-Personal Information, Analytics, and Advertising
We market our business in a number of ways, primarily through digital advertising, owned social media presences, email marketing campaigns and other offline mechanisms. To understand how our marketing or promotional campaigns are performing, one or more of our third-party service providers may collect certain information via our Leidos websites. We and these service providers use several industry standard analytics and tracking tools to collect this information, such as web browsers and flash cookies, web beacons and other, similar technologies. The information we collect includes IP addresses, number of page visits, pages viewed, search engine referrals, browsing activities over time and across other websites following your visit to one or more of our Leidos websites, and responses to offline marketing campaigns through dedicated tracking web addresses.
Note: Although network or device identifiers such as computer or device IP addresses, serial numbers or other identification numbers do not necessarily identify an individual who uses such computers or devices, some jurisdictions’ laws may define them as Personal Information.
We use Non-Personal Information to:
- identify new visitors to Leidos websites;
- recognize returning visitors;
- analyze the effectiveness of our website content and marketing or sales-related activities;
- better understand our audience, customers, or other website visitors; and
- determine whether website visitors, potential customers and customers might be interested in additional content, new products or services.
Use of Personal Information
Legal Basis for Collecting and Using Personal Information
We collect, use and share Personal Information when we have an appropriate legal basis to do this, such as the following:
- you have consented, for example by signing up to receive communications from us;
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary to meet our legitimate interests as a commercial organization (see examples below);
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you, for example if you apply for a job with us or if you work for one of our service providers, partners, prime contractors or subcontractors; and/or
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation, for example, in response to an audit, subpoena or court order.
Examples of Leidos’ legitimate interests:
- operating, maintaining, and improving Leidos websites, products, services and programs;
- responding to comments and questions, or provide customer service or technical support;
- sending information such as confirmations, invoices, technical notices, software updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- providing information which may be of interest to website visitors, potential customers and customers, including but not limited to, educational content, fact sheets, webinars, white papers, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
- protecting against, investigating, and deterring fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity;
- to process employment applications (more detail below); and
- protecting Leidos’ personnel or property.
We may also use what we know about you to highlight products and services that may be of interest to you, or we may combine your online Personal and Non-Personal Information with information collected from offline sources or information we already have.
More About Employment Applications
In general, if you apply for a Leidos job through any Leidos or third party website, we use the Personal Information you submitted via the application process to process and respond to your job application, including to assess your skills and interest in job opportunities, conduct reference checks and/or background checks, verify the information you provided, and for compliance with corporate governance and/or legal and regulatory requirements. Personal Information that you submit may also be added to our candidate database for purposes of considering whether you are suitable for other job vacancies. If you are hired, we may also use the information collected during the application process for other business purposes related to your employment.
Sharing Personal and Non-Personal Information
We process and share your Personal Information and Non-Personal Information only to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill your requests and for our legitimate business purposes, as further described above and in the Authorized Service Providers section below. When we disclose Personal and Non-Personal Information to other entities or individuals to perform support services for us, they may access such information for the limited purposes of performing those support services.
We may disclose Personal and Non-Personal Information to others to:
- respond to questions about our product or services;
- send communications, including email newsletters, or other marketing materials;
- comply with applicable laws, obey judicial orders, respond to subpoenas; cooperate with law enforcement authorities, and respond to law enforcement requests;
- detect or prevent suspected or actual illegal activities or harm to our personnel or property;
- help us run our day-to-day business operations;
- protect the rights or property of others, including our customers; and
- respond to and/ or assist our auditors and legal advisors.
We may also disclose Personal and Non-Personal Information:
- when legally required (e.g., for government reports);
- for other legitimate business purposes, such as product or service development, marketing, sales and website administration; and
- as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Authorized Service Providers
We sometimes hire or contract with other companies and individuals to perform certain functions and services on our behalf. This is a common industry practice. We may need to disclose Personal and Non-Personal Information so that they can perform these functions and services which may include, for example, call center/customer service support, sending or processing postal mail or email, and analyzing or hosting data on cloud-based servers.
Leidos does not share or sell Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
Your device browser may give you the ability to control cookies and online tracking tools such as those we outlined above. How you do so depends on your browser and the type of cookie or online tracking tool. You can set your preferences for Leidos websites by clicking the Cookie Settings button below. For more information on the types of cookies we set, click here.
Minors and Children under 13
Leidos websites are not directed to nor intended for use by minors. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information or knowingly track the use of Leidos websites by children under the age of 13.
Safeguarding your Information
The integrity, availability and confidentiality of your Personal Information matters to us. That is why we use industry-standard and government-approved technical, administrative and physical controls to protect Personal Information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. We also review and evaluate our security procedures and controls on an ongoing basis to consider appropriate new technology and updated methods and to help minimize risks from new security threats as they become known.
Managing Your Personal Information
Certain data protection/privacy laws may provide you rights with respect to how we manage your Personal Information. These rights (and potential limitations on them) are described below.
Right to Change or Delete Your Personal Information
You have a right to request that we correct or delete inaccurate Personal Information about you. In such cases, we will first verify your identity and then check whether the Personal Information is in fact inaccurate. We will correct any Personal Information found to be incorrect.
You can also request that we delete your Personal Information if, for example,
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected;
- you have withdrawn your consent (where the data processing was initially based on consent), and where there is no other legal basis for the processing;
- we are relying on our legitimate interests as the basis for processing your Personal Information, you object to such processing, and there is no overriding legitimate interest to continue processing it;
- we are processing it for direct marketing purposes and you object to that processing; or
- it has been processed unlawfully.
Please note that this right to deletion is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances. For example, we are not required to comply with your request if it is necessary for us to maintain your Personal Information:
- for compliance with a legal obligation;
- for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- for the performance of a contract;
- to detect, prevent, or otherwise mitigate illegal activities, including but not limited to fraud, computer crimes and identity theft;
- to avoid or mitigate harm to Leidos personnel or property or to others,
- it is in our legitimate interests and there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests in having your Personal Information deleted; and
- to the extent necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations, including employment laws and regulations.
Right to Restrict the Processing of Your Personal Information
You can ask us to limit processing of your Personal Information, but only when:
- you dispute its accuracy, to allow us to verify its accuracy;
- the processing is unlawful, but you do not want it erased;
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but we still need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have exercised the right to object, and verification of overriding grounds is pending.
After you submit a request to restrict the processing of your Personal Information, we can continue to process it:
- when we have your consent;
- to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
Right to Transfer your Personal Information
You can ask us to provide your Personal Information to you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or you can ask to have it transferred directly to another entity or company, but only when:
- the processing of your Personal Information is based on your consent or the performance of a contract with you;
- the processing is carried out by automated means; and
- where such transfer or production is technically feasible.
Right to Object to the Processing of your Personal Information
You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information if our processing is for direct marketing purposes.
You can also object if the processing is for:
- a task carried out in the public interest;
- the exercise of official authority vested in us; or
- our legitimate interests (or those of a third party).
In these circumstances the right to object is not absolute. You must provide specific reasons why you are objecting to the processing of your Personal Information. These reasons should be based upon your particular situation. And please note that we may still continue processing if:
- we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms; or
- the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
If we are processing your Personal Information for scientific or historical research, or for statistical purposes, your right to object might also be limited.
How to Exercise the Rights Listed Above
If you are an EU or UK Resident, you can submit a request to us here.
If you are not an EU or UK resident, or if you would prefer to submit your request by another means, you may write us at this address:
Leidos Global Privacy Office
11955 Freedom Dr.
Reston, VA 20190
or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to Object to the Use of your Personal Information for Direct Marketing purposes
You can request that we change the manner in which we contact you for direct marketing purposes. We will respect your wishes not to receive marketing communications. You can change your marketing preferences by contacting us here. You can also opt-out at any time by using the unsubscribe links or instructions included at the bottom of our emails. Please note that we may continue to send you service-related communications regardless of any opt-out request.
Leidos does not share or sell Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
Right to Not be Subject to Automated Decision-Making
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making, unless we have a lawful basis for doing so and we have notified you.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as required for the purposes for which it was collected. How long we retain it depends on a number of factors, including the legal basis for which it was obtained and/or additional legal or regulatory obligations. Thus, in some circumstances we may store your Personal Information for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so to meet legal, regulatory, tax, or accounting requirements. We may also store it for longer periods of time to have an accurate record of your interactions with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation.
This Privacy Statement applies only to leidos.com and Leidos websites that are clearly identified as being owned and operated by us and which link to this Privacy Statement.
You should be aware that hyperlinks on this site may direct you to other websites that we do not control. Leidos has no control over the privacy policies or practices of these other websites, and is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of websites to which we link, list, rank or identify by means of a search. Leidos takes no responsibility for the products, services, policies or actions of third parties or the content of third-party websites. We encourage you to be aware when you are leaving our site and to read the privacy policies of each website you visit.
Queries and Complaints
If you have any questions, have a complaint, or wish to send us comments about this Privacy Statement, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. We will investigate your complaint, and use reasonable efforts to respond as soon as possible.
Right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority
You also have a right to file a complaint with your local supervisory authority if you have concerns about how we are processing your Personal Information. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first, although you have a right to contact your supervisory authority at any time.
For UK visitors to Leidos websites:
If you have concerns about our information rights practices, you may lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office ("ICO"). Details of how to contact the ICO are located at ico.org.uk.
For Australian visitors to Leidos websites:
If we fail to respond to your complaint within a reasonable period of receiving it in writing, or if you are dissatisfied with the response that you receive from us, you may lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner ("OAIC"). Details of how to contact the OAIC are located at oaic.gov.au.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Privacy Statement at leidos.com/privacy and we will change the "Last Updated" date above. You should consult this page regularly for any changes.
If you expand the + symbol next to the dates below, you will see a summary of the recent substantive changes to this Privacy Statement and the dates these updates came in to effect.
- Privacy Statement refreshed in light of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Privacy Statement also made more concise and easier to navigate for all users of Leidos websites.
- Updated Legal Basis for Collecting and Using Personal Information section
- Updated Managing your Personal Information section, including updates to the following subsections:
- Right to Change or Delete Your Personal Information
- Right to Object to the Processing of your Personal Information
- How to Exercise the Rights Listed Above