California Privacy Notice
Last Updated: March 2021
If you are a resident of California, the processing of your Personal Information may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). The CCPA provides California residents with certain rights.
This California Privacy Notice (“CA Notice”) supplements our general Privacy Statement and applies to the Personal Information we process about California residents who are covered by the CCPA. Employees, job applicants, contractors, and others are not currently afforded rights under the CCPA. If you fall into one of these categories, you should refer to our general Privacy Statement to understand our practices with respect to your Personal Information.
Personal Information We Collect about California Residents
Leidos, Inc. (“we,” “us,” or “our”) may collect the following types of Personal Information about California residents. For each category of Personal Information (in bold), we have provided a few examples of the types of Personal Information we may collect. These examples are not an exhaustive list of the types of Personal Information we collect.
- Contact Information – names, postal addresses, email addresses, and/or telephone numbers;
- Online and Unique Identifiers – IP addresses, device IDs, and/or other similar identifiers;
- Professional/Education Information – employer name, job titles, education history, employment history, and professional organization affiliations;
- Online Activity – interactions with Leidos Sites or Apps or Leidos advertisements;
- Communications – any Personal Information voluntarily provided to us; and
- Health Information – information about health-related symptoms and conditions, information shared with Leidos when reporting an adverse event that occurred when using a medical product or device sold or distributed by Leidos, and/or information about body temperature in connection with our efforts to maintain the health and safety of our employees and visitors to our facilities.
Sources of Personal Information We Collect about California Residents
We may collect Personal Information from the following sources:
- information provided to us directly from California residents;
- information we collect prior to or during visits to our facilities;
- our affiliates and subsidiaries;
- our advertising and marketing partners;
- conference organizers;
- our joint venture and strategic partners; and
- publicly available sources.
Purposes for Which We Process Personal Information
We may process Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to deliver marketing and advertising messages;
- to provide information or otherwise respond to requests for information, such as information about Leidos’ services, Leidos’ expertise in various areas or its publications;
- to conduct research, analytics, and development;
- to identify and address bugs or system errors;
- to protect our systems against malicious or unauthorized activity and to investigate any suspected malicious or unauthorized activity;
- to protect the safety of our guests, employees, and visitors to our facilities, including possibly through contact tracing, temperature scanning or other methods of identifying and/or preventing the spread of infectious disease;
- to conduct internal auditing;
- to protect our property and enforce our rights;
- to investigate reported adverse events involving a medical product or device sold or distributed by Leidos and submit such information to appropriate government agencies;
- as authorized or required by law; and
- for any other purpose stated when you provide your Personal Information to us or as described in this CA Notice.
Personal Information We Share about California Residents
The CCPA requires that we disclose the categories of Personal Information we have sold in the last year about consumers. We may disclose other categories of Personal Information about employees, job applicants, business partners, and other individuals who are currently excluded from the CCPA’s requirements. Although we do not sell Personal Information for monetary compensation, we may share Personal Information with third parties in connection with our business operations, such as to market Leidos’ services or the expertise and skills of its workforce.
We share the following categories of Personal Information for our business purposes. For each category of Personal Information (in bold), we have provided a few examples of the types of Personal Information we may share in connection with our business operations. These examples are not an exhaustive list of the types of Personal Information we share. We may also update this list at any time if we decide to share additional categories of personal information.
- Contact Information – names, email addresses, postal address, and telephone number;
- Online and Unique Identifiers – We may share IP addresses, device identifiers, and similar identifiers;
- Professional/Education Information – employer name, job titles, education history, employment history, and professional organization affiliations and
- Communications – any Personal Information voluntarily provided to us.
We share these categories of Personal Information with third party partners and service providers for various reasons, such as: 1) to help us target advertising messages to potential or existing customers, both online and through direct marketing campaigns, 2) identify new business opportunities, 3) prepare and submit business proposals and bids, 4) contact potential new business partners and employees and 5) negotiate with potential business partners and potential customers.
We may also share any health information you provide to Leidos with the appropriate government agencies when you report an adverse event relating to medical products or devices that Leidos sells or distributes.
Right to Know What Personal Information We Process about You
If you live in California, you may have the right to request that we disclose to you the Personal Information about you that we have collected, used, disclosed, or sold during the last 12 months. To exercise this right, please submit a request here.
Right to Delete Your Personal Information
If you live in California, you may have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information we have collected from you. To exercise this right, please submit a request here.
Please note, though, that the right to delete your Personal Information is not absolute. For example, we will not delete your Personal Information if we need to process it:
- to provide you with a good or service you have requested;
- to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activity;
- to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- to use it in a way which is reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- to comply with one or more legal obligations;
- to exercise rights provided for by law; and/or
- for lawful internal purposes that are compatible with the context in which you provided your Personal Information to us.
Right to Opt-Out of Sales
Although we do not sell Personal Information for monetary compensation, we may share Personal Information for purposes that could fall within the CCPA’s broad definition of a “sale.” Thus, if you are a California resident, you may have the right to ask us to not “sell” your Personal Information. To exercise this right, please submit a request here.
Please review the sections in our general Privacy Statement about managing Cookies and interest-based advertising to learn more about how to opt-out of permitting third parties to collect information about your activities on our Sites or Apps.
Right to Equal Treatment
If you exercise any of the rights provided to you under the CCPA, we will not treat you any less favorably as a result of your request. We support your desire to exercise these rights, and we will not charge you different fees or provide you with a different level of service if you do.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise your rights under the CCPA, please submit a request here. You will be asked to identify your relationship to Leidos and the right(s) you would like to exercise. You will also be asked to provide the information identified in our Privacy Rights Request form, which we will use to verify your identity by matching it to information we have previously collected. Upon receiving your request, we may communicate with you to obtain additional information that will help us process your request.
You may also exercise your rights by calling us toll-free at +1.888.914.9661. When prompted you will need to enter the following PIN: 002876. Please leave a message with your name, relationship to Leidos, the right you wish to exercise, and your email address. If we need to request additional information to process your request, we will contact you using your email address.
Using an Authorized Agent
You may have the right to use an authorized agent to exercise your rights under the CCPA on your behalf. To use an authorized agent, your agent will be required to provide evidence that you have granted him or her power of attorney. If you have not granted your authorized agent power of attorney, your authorized agent must provide us with a written and signed statement in which you authorize your agent to act on your behalf, and your authorized agent must verify his or her identity. You will also be required to directly confirm with us that you have authorized your agent to submit the request on your behalf.
Personal Information of Children
We do not knowingly collect or process Personal Information of children under 16 years old. We also do not sell Personal Information relating to children under 16 years old. If you believe that we have collected or sold Personal Information about a child under 16 years old, please contact us at [email protected] to notify us of such processing.
Other California Rights
Leidos may also share Personal Information with its affiliates so that they can send direct marketing communications. If you do not wish to receive these communications, please let us know by email at [email protected].
Questions and Complaints
If you have any questions, complaints, or wish to send us comments about this Privacy Notice, please send an e-mail to [email protected]. We will investigate your complaint and will respond as soon as possible.