Storage, Distribution, and Freight
Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme
Providing storage of MOD materiel and its distribution worldwide
Storage, Distribution and Freight (SDF) is managed by sub-contractor Kuehne+Nagel. SDF manages the storage of over one million NATO Stock Numbers (NSNs) and distribution to over 600 locations worldwide.
Core services include:
- Receipt, storage, maintenance and issue of all MOD and Team Leidos managed products – 90% standard ambient
- Contingent Stock – High readiness kitting and despatch capability
- Purple Gate (Cross-dock for onward shipment into Military supply chain)
- Loan Pool Management – Centralised training equipment loop
- Technical Services – Maintenance, Repair, Conditioning and Configuration of items in inventory
Under the LCST Programme, we manage the storage of over
line items of MOD Materiel.
Product categories handled
- Medical equipment
- Gases, industrial & medical
- Packed oils & lubricants
- Aerospace & Marine parts
- Hi-Tech & telecomms
- Automotive parts & tyres
- Industrial equipment
- High security or classified material
- Very heavy or large equipment
Defence Fulfilment Centre
A state-of-the-art, purpose built 850,000 sq ft fulfilment centre. Equipped with Dispatcher Warehouse Management System and an automated minload providing a more efficient and effective defence supply chain.
of all NSNs will be available from the DFC
of all demands will be fulfilled from the DFC
of all demands from the DFC will come out of the miniload
The introduction of the DFC has enabled the consolidation of fast moving items into a single location with the majority of demands being routed to and handled by a single site. The DFC has optimised how MOD materiel is stored and has streamlined distribution and consolidated deliveries.