We are committed to all of our stakeholders, especially during challenging times
Leidos is committed to serving all of our stakeholders, including employees, customers, supplier partners, communities and stockholders. This commitment, combined with our strong sense of purpose, enables us to connect deeply with our customers and also respond to changing requirements for enhanced sustainability disclosures and transparency throughout our business.
As the COVID-19 public health emergency continued through 2021, we focused on the health and safety of our workforce and their families, remained committed to our customers’ needs, executed the important work we do to make the world healthier, safer and more efficient and supported communities in need.
We also released Next Level Leidos, our environmental, social and governance (ESG) goals for 2030. Next Level Leidos introduces new sustainability focus areas and metrics aimed at positively impacting people and the planet. Our focus is on making meaningful impacts across three key areas:
- Cultivating Inclusion: Building a strong business foundation that welcomes all perspectives and provides equitable access and resources for everyone
- Advancing Environmental Sustainability: Implementing sustainable solutions to reduce the company's environmental footprint
- Promoting Healthier Lives: Investing in initiatives and resources that promote the health and well-being of employees and communities
The annual Leidos Corporate Responsibility Report, published in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI™) Standards Framework, takes stock of our progress and impact across multiple areas deemed significant to our company. Below are just a few highlights from calendar year 2021.
- 100% of our employees completed Inclusion Acumen 2.0 training and more than 2,000 people leaders completed the Inclusive Leader Learning Program (ILLP) through the end of 2021. ILLP equips managers to lead inclusively by creating and fostering environments in which inclusion and diversity are welcomed and leveraged with intention.
- Leidos hired 2,578 veterans in 2021 and continued to be honored with numerous awards and rankings such as Forbes’ America’s Best Employers for Veterans and Military Times’ Best Employers for Vets.
- We expanded our Self-Identification Process for all employees. This provides an avenue for employees to anonymously provide their diversity data and preferences and assists Leidos with implementing strategies and initiatives that support the needs of our diverse workforce.
- Leidos attained best in class rankings by numerous organizations including Fortune's list of The World's Most Admired Companies, the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), Forbes' World’s Top Female-Friendly Companies, and for the second year in a row were named one of the Best Places to Work for disability inclusion by Disability:IN, a leading nonprofit resource for business disability inclusion worldwide.
Advancing Environmental Sustainability
- Leidos was ranked #124 on Newsweek’s America’s Most Responsible Companies. The company was also awarded a “B” score for its commitment to transparency and governance around climate change, ranking above the sector (IT & software development) average and exceeding the North American regional average.
- Between 2010 and 2020, we reduced greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 58%.
- With more than 45 years of environment, energy and critical infrastructure experience, one of every four Fortune 500® companies is a valued Leidos client. We currently manage $1.25 billion of support to clients across our environmental and energy markets, including nine federal agencies and all five U.S. military branches.
- Between 2001 and 2021, Leidos provided more than $1.5 billion in energy efficiency savings to industry. Further, since1995, Leidos has been tracking and reporting greenhouse gas emissions for federal agencies.
- 100% of our corporate managed e-waste was responsibly donated, recycled or reused.
Promoting Healthier Lives
- To help create the safest and healthiest workplace and community possible, we sponsored the Million Dollar Move the Needle Sweepstakes and gave away $1 million to encourage our employees to get vaccinated.
- In 2021, the Leidos Relief Foundation (LRF), our 501(c)(3) charitable organization established to support our employees in need, provided assistance to 547 impacted employees and distributed more than $1.6 million to support those affected by the pandemic and other disasters.
- Our Build a Better You program helped thousands of employees achieve their personal wellness goals through challenges within the Virgin Pulse well-being platform. Employees received free access to the Headspace app, regular wellness education sessions and support through our Employee Assistance Program as well as free Financial Education and Counseling.
- We expanded our partnership with the Milken Institute Center for Public Health to help accelerate our ongoing CEO Pledge to end Addiction efforts. More than 150 CEOs and senior leaders have signed the pledge to-date. Core to the relationship is a Collaborative Action Group created to reach more employees and communities, especially in light of how the COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated substance use and harmed mental health and well-being globally.
- Leidos made more than $5.74 million in charitable donations and employees contributed approximately 21,621 volunteer hours to a wide variety of company-sponsored and personal causes including STEM education, basic needs and wellness, ethics, and leadership and support to our military and intelligence personnel and their families.
We are proud of the programs and initiatives taken in 2021 to help support our employees, the planet, our customers and communities.