Compensation and Benefits
Benefits at Leidos
Working at Leidos requires insight, ingenuity, and commitment. In return, we strive to foster a culture of growth and inclusion, and to reward and incentivize our workforce with industry-leading compensation and benefits. We undertake regular compensation and benefits benchmarking to ensure we remain ahead of peers and can attract and retain the best people.
All employees are eligible to participate in the Leidos Employee Stock Purchase Plan and may buy Leidos stock at a discount. All employees are eligible for employee discounts.
Over 90% of our 34,000 employees are based in the US, where we generate most of our revenue. All full-time and part-time US employees are eligible for the benefits listed at benefits.leidos.com.
We deliver competitive, market driven pay that rewards key objectives tied to the long-term performance of the company, and is supported by core values and enhances shareholder value. We accomplish this by:
- Applying a market-based approach to compensation.
- Providing incentive pay opportunities that are linked to the attainment of specific, measurable business goals that provide both financial and personal line-of-sight to participants.
- Maintaining a pay-for-performance environment.
- Ensure fairness, comply with applicable federal, state, and international laws, and meet applicable audit entities’ standards.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive health coverage, health and wellness programs, and on-site fitness options (at some locations) are designed to keep our people and their families healthy.
- Medical insurance plans cover employees and eligible family members, including registered domestic partners, through national HSA-compatible consumer-directed health plans and regional HMOs where available.
- Dental insurance options include a national PPO plan and regional dental HMO plans.
- Vision coverage is provided by a national insurer.
- Health Savings Accounts are available in conjunction with our consumer-directed health plans for eligible employees. HSAs allow employees set aside pre-tax dollars for certain eligible healthcare expenses. Also, for employees with annual rates of pay under $150,000, employer contributions are made to eligible accounts.
- Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts let employees set aside pre-tax dollars for eligible medical, dental, vision, mental health, and pharmacy expenses.
- Mission for Life wellness program. A confidential well-being assessment, personal coaching, and online tools help to manage:
- Nutrition and diet
- Weight loss
- Fitness goals
- Stress relief
- Smoking cessation
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides confidential assessments and referrals to help deal with personal issues.
Benefits should provide peace of mind, support, and help to successfully navigate life events. We took all these factors into account when we developed our income protection.
- Term Basic Life insurance is provided equal to annual base salary, up to $1 million while eligible dependents are covered at $2,000 each.
- Group Universal Life (GUL) insurance can be purchased up to $4 million.
- Optional Dependent Life insurance can be purchased on an after-tax basis.
- Spouse or domestic partner coverage
- Child coverage
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance is provided equal to annual base salary, up to $250,000. Supplemental AD&D coverage can be purchased up to $1,000,000.
- Business travel accident insurance is provided equal to three times annual base salary, up to $500,000.
- A Disability benefit that may include:
- Disability sick leave days (contributed by the company)
- Voluntary short-term disability insurance plan (purchased by the employee)
- Private California short-term disability insurance
- Other state-mandated short-term disability plans, where applicable
- Voluntary long-term disability insurance (purchased by the employee)
Time off is as important to professional productivity as it is to personal well-being. We offer several types of leave that together total the time needed to live life outside the office.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Eligible employees accrue paid time off for vacations, personal business, and short-term illness. Employees can also borrow up to 40 hours of PTO before accrued, with a manager’s approval.
Most Leidos employees get ten paid holidays each year, three floating holidays* to be used at individual discretion and these seven fixed holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Note: Holidays may vary based on contractual requirements.
*Floating holidays are prorated based on date of hire
Military Reservist Leave
Military reservists receive 2 weeks, equivalent to 10 working days, pay differential during each fiscal year. If called up for a national emergency or requested for active duty, we provide the flexibility to serve when and where needed.
Full pay when serving jury duty.
Up to three days off, fully paid, due to the death of a close family member.
The Leidos Retirement Plan is designed to make the journey to retirement a little easier.
- For standard fringes, a 100 percent company match on pre-tax and or Roth after-tax contributions, up to 5 percent of salary (some fringes have a lower match of up to 3%).
- Vesting of company contributions over three years of service.
- Pre-tax, Roth after-tax, and/or traditional after-tax contributions are allowed.
- Immediate eligibility for company contributions.
- Both passive and active investment options with a wide selection of funds.
- Investment advice from Vanguard and Financial Engines.
Understanding the inherent challenges of balancing work and family responsibilities, we also offer benefits to make family life a little easier:
- Back-up childcare, for kids 3 months to 13 years old, is available at Bright Horizons centers throughout the U.S. Every employee can take advantage of this benefit up to 20 days per child, per year.
- Dependent Daycare Flexible Spending Accounts lets employees set aside pre-tax dollars for eligible daycare expenses.