Military and Veterans Health
Providing solutions for Military and Veterans health most critical challenges
Leidos has a history of delivering digital transformation for the DOD and the experience needed to deliver large-scale and complex infrastructure, clinical content, workflows, and governance. We truly are pioneers in the early transformation of health data and were the first to transition data from paper to electronic systems. We lead the next stage of this digital transformation journey, supporting the DoD’s mission to deliver the same quality of care across the Army, Navy, Air Force, and the U.S. Coast Guard.
We also proudly support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) mission and the men and women they serve. Our strong partnership with the VA brings advanced healthcare systems to veterans enabling better access to care and improved outcomes supporting critical programs that:
- Provide health and disability exams
- Improve veteran access to benefits and services
- Eliminate the disability backlog
- Improve access to health records through interoperability
- Provide infrastructure support for VA data centers
- Research how genes affect health
For more than three decades, we have served these agencies, from implementing and optimizing electronic health record (EHR) systems to developing health information interoperability capabilities.
Holistic health records drive for value
For nearly two decades, digitizing existing health records (EHR) has been an article of faith that would pave the way to better outcomes, bend the cost curve and lead to more efficient care. In this paper, discover how better data can generate new insights and workflows and improve patient care.
Delivering the best care no matter where
Leidos has extensive experience in software development, systems integration, health IT operations, maintenance, and sustainment services. We are proud to be North America’s largest commercial consulting practice in EHR implementation services and honored to be the prime contractor for the Defense Health Agency’s $4.3B DHMSM program responsible for the deployment of MHS GENESIS, the follow-on to the groundbreaking AHLTA/CHCS program.
Modernizing the enterprise drives better outcomes
Leidos leads the data center operations management for the VA and MHS providing robust capabilities to both environments and supporting the agencies’ objective of seamless care. Beyond the benefits of turning capital expenses into operational expenses, managing the assets for these agencies informs our involvement in other programs and contributes to implementation success.
- VA locations include six major data centers, five regional data centers, and nearly 30 remote and third-party locations.
- MHS collocates 25 server racks at a Leidos-managed facility where we support 15 environments for the development, integration, testing and independent verification testing of the AHLTA/CHCS systems and its components. This data center averages 200 active users across 114 physical servers, 475 virtual servers, and 189 virtual desktops.
Supporting the pursuit of seamless care
We’re arming providers, hospitals, and payers with the solutions they need to drive action at the right time, when decisions can impact an individual’s health – improving quality, lowering total costs, and helping organizations thrive in the evolving healthcare environment. We provide:
- Seamless integration of disparate IT systems and tools into a single platform, creating the same command and control environment we do in complex, large-scale government systems
- Proven technologies to reduce unnecessary variations in clinical workflows to impact clinical and financial outcomes and quality care delivery
- Strategic recommendations for clinical resource forecasting to reduce labor costs while maintaining optimum patient care
We are enhancing health care for
service members and their families.
New discoveries in military mental healthcare
In this episode of Leidos' MindSET podcast, we explore military mental healthcare and new discoveries in the field.