- Intelligence & Homeland SecurityBack
- Advanced SolutionsBack
GeoRover Software Products
GeoRover® Software Products
The GeoRover software product line provides customer-focused solutions designed to increase the speed, efficiency and productivity of many common GIS workflows.
GeoRover geospatial software are commercial products developed as flexible and efficient tools to aid in the production and analysis of GIS intelligence. GeoRover products enhance Environmental Systems Research Institute (Esri®)-based technology, and mobile technology providing improved data management.
The desktop extensions are designed and sold as "plug-ins" to the ArcMap™ component of Esri ArcGIS® for Desktop GIS software (versions 9.3 and above). The mobile-based technology currently resides on the Android™ operating system.
These products are included with the purchase of any of the core products listed above:
Custom coordinate window with real-time coordinate display.
Rapid map zooming and "go-to" capabilities.
Imagery in screenshots is courtesy of ArcGIS Online World Imagery. Source is Aerials Express (AEX).
GeoRover software tools specialize in the following:
- Data Import — Import wizard rapidly and flexibly ingests non-spatial data with coordinates from many different sources (spreadsheets, text, databases) and in many formats into ArcGIS.
- Field Data Collection / Visualization — Plot routes and collected field data as layers in ArcGIS. Field data is collected with commercial GPS receivers and other components (digital cameras, voice recorders).
- Data Creation/Editing — Easy to use, interactive interface within ArcMap for creating and editing feature layers.
- Data Export — Export wizard generates powerful products in standard formats (HTML, PowerPoint®; slideshows, Excel®; spreadsheets) from ArcGIS data.
- RPF Display / Management — Raster product format (RPF) tools designed to optimize creation, use, and management of large, file-based RPF datasets including Enhanced Compressed Raster Graphics (ECRG), Compressed ARC Digitized Raster Graphics (CADRG), and Controlled Image Base®; (CIB®;). Ideal for disconnected and operational users.
- Full Motion Video Integration — Tools used to track and record multiple Full Motion Video (FMV) feeds inside of the ArcMap application for situational awareness. Allows users to the record platform, sensor footprint, and sensor footprint center point metadata from incoming video feeds into new or existing feature layers.
- Mobile Collection Capability — Application on Android™platform supported mobile devices (smartphones or tablets) that can be used in connected or disconnected environments. Allows users to edit and create features in new or existing feature layers.
- Data Conversion between FalconView®; and ArcGIS platforms — Interoperability tools for converting data between common FalconView formats such as Local Point and Draw files and common GIS formats such as shapefiles and feature classes (personal, file, enterprise ArcSDE®). Option to apply FalconView Local Point symbology to point layers in the ArcMap application.
- Significant reduction in training requirements for ArcGIS
- Increased user confidence, greater acceptance of powerful ArcGIS
- Faster, more flexible interface for Esri® ArcGIS® Desktop software
- Improved support for ingestion of data into Esri ArcGIS Desktop software
- Tightly integrated with ArcMap, fully compatible with geodatabase formats
- Rapid export of GIS information into standard product formats
- Superior management and display of large NGA RPF file based datasets (ECRG, CADRG, and CIB)
- Share data between the FalconView and ArcGIS Desktop application
- Field data collection
- No proprietary hardware, works with equipment personnel already use
- Minimizes burden, no connections in the field
- Minimal post-processing
- Mobile application
- Works in connected and disconnected environments
- Exchanges data between mobile and desktop platforms
Esri® ArcGIS® Desktop 9.X, or 10.X. GeoRover extensions install into the ArcMap™ component of ArcGIS and will run in any level of licensing (Basic, Standard, or Advanced).
Modern web browser required to fully support interactive HTML products.
Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation graphics program and Excel® spreadsheet software required to fully support Export Wizard products in Locus Track extension and the GRGlobe application. Note: PowerPoint 2003 and later, or proper video codec, required for full functionality of embedded video in PowerPoint presentations.
GPS receiver required for maximum functionality using Digital Data Tracker extension. Garmin® (USB and serial),Magellan® (serial), and NMEA protocols supported.
MISP compliant video stream required for maximum functionality using MIMapView extension: MPEG-2, H.264 video compression, MISB Std 0104 metadata format, and UDP transmission format.
Android™ platform version 2.1 or above is required for the GeoRover Mobile Application to be installed and activated.
The mobile device market changes quickly. Please contact us for required mobile device information to use the GeoRover Mobile solution.
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 or above is required to install and run GeoRover License Manager v4.0.
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or above is required to install and run GeoRover Mobile Desktop v1.1.
GeoRover License Manager v4.0 is required to install and run Locus Track v4.0.1, Coordinate Viewer v4.0.1, Zoom Tools v4.0.1, Digital Data Tracker v4.0, RPF Tools v4.0, and Range Tools v4.0.
FalconView® version 3.2 or above is required for maximum functionality using the FlexRT extension.
Google Earth™ Plug-In version 188.8.131.5205 or above is required for the GRGlobe application.
Windows® XP, Windows Vista®, Windows® 7
1 GHz or higher recommended
512MB RAM or higher recommended
Approximately 50MB of free disk space for full installation (for all GeoRover software extensions)
VGA or better resolution monitor (256 color or higher). Ideally, a monitor with 1024 x 768 resolution
Download a free trial of the latest GeoRover software:
Locus Track v4.0.3
New extension provides powerful capabilities to create, import, edit, and export geospatial data.
RPF Tools v4.0.1
Capability to create map indexes from any file-based source of raster product format and view the index within ArcMap.
Digital Data Tracker v4.0.1
Easily import track logs and waypoints from a variety of GPS receivers (formats include GPX files or GPS-tagged data), and displays these imported formats.
Range Tools v4.0.1
Interactive tool enabling the user to create, edit, and import ring, ellipses, and arc feature layers.