We serve our communities, engage our employees, and align our outreach with company business goals.
Leidos actively supports the communities where our employees live and work, providing some of the most inspired and passionate examples of how we are working to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Through our philanthropic efforts, we strive to create a sustainable future, including working side-by-side with community organizations providing critically important services and opportunities to those most in need. United together, our efforts help individuals and families succeed today, as well as position our future generations for success.
We focus on the following four broad categories with an overarching goal of combining charitable giving with employee volunteerism whenever possible:
- Education (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics, or STEM, focus): We continue to focus on STEM education and skills development, from kindergarten through college and beyond.
- National security personnel and their families: We support active-duty and veteran service members, as well as the broader defense and intelligence communities, and their families. Our employees are passionate about making a difference for the men and women who serve our nation.
- Basic needs/wellness: We help sustain our local communities by providing food, clothing, and housing and by helping to tackle major health challenges of our time, including opioid addiction, heart disease, cancer and diabetes, among others.
- Ethics/leadership: We collaborate with chambers of commerce and schools to develop ethics and leadership programs to help build the next generation workforce.
Our Management Approach
The purpose of our philanthropic efforts is to enrich our communities, helping to tackle some of the most significant challenges of our time. From increasing the availability of STEM education at all levels, to supporting our men and women in uniform and their families, to helping end the stigma surrounding opioid addiction, to providing basic necessities to those who are most vulnerable, to instilling the importance of integrity in our youth, Leidos strives to improve its communities.
Our philanthropy is grounded in the following standing policies:
- Organizations must be tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Code to receive a charitable donation.
- Leidos does not support organizations that practice discrimination based on race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other protected characteristics as established by applicable law.
- Donations are not made to sectarian or religious organizations (except for programs which are broadly promoted and available to anyone, regardless of religious orientation), political parties, political candidates, or partisan political organizations
Annually, we commit to allocating our charitable resources (both budget, time, and talent) to a variety of cause areas and in conjunction with a series of both long-standing and new non-profit relationships. Our goals are to continue to spend our available charitable budget and encourage our employees to contribute their time consistent with prior year levels, increasing contributions in both areas to the greatest extent possible.
Leidos delivers innovative solutions through the efforts of diverse and talented employees who are dedicated to customer success – we focus on empowering our teams, contributing to our communities, and operating sustainably.