Hawaii Energy recognized with ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year Award
Each year, the ENERGY STAR® program honors a group of businesses and organizations that have made outstanding contributions to protecting the environment through superior energy achievements. For the second year in a row, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has recognized the Hawaii Energy program with an ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year Award for Energy Efficiency Program Delivery.
Hawaii Energy is a statewide efficiency program focused on empowering businesses and families to reduce energy use in pursuit of a 100 percent clean energy future by 2030. Hawaii Energy and program implementer Leidos are working to make energy efficiency more accessible and affordable to Hawaii’s families and businesses.
Hawaii Energy was recognized for the following programs that were designed to adopt ENERGY STAR® products and best practices:
- Specialized offers for residents in low-to-moderate income communities including appliance trade-up programs where households could purchase significantly discounted ENERGY STAR refrigerators and freezers by trading in an old model; and free in-home installations of smaller energy-saving devices, including high-efficiency shower heads, smart power strips, and LED light bulbs
- A collaboration with select ACE Hardware stores where customers could exchange inefficient bulbs for ENERGY STAR LEDs for free, or purchase LEDs for $1 each
- A collaboration with Hawaii Foodbank to distribute LED light bulbs to residents in need at drive-up food distribution events
- The Energy Relief Grant, which provided emergency funding for ENERGY STAR commercial kitchen equipment, air conditioners, and more to local businesses recovering from the pandemic
- The launch of a new rebate for ENERGY STAR dual-inverter air conditioners for businesses
- Ongoing rebate offers for window air conditioning units, heat pump water heaters, and more to incentivize purchasing ENERGY STAR models
- An extensive Energy Awareness Month campaign in October 2021 that included television, radio and digital advertising, email marketing, and giveaways on social media to promote the adoption/usage of ENERGY STAR home appliances
For more than 30 years, Leidos has been providing utilities across the country with high-quality program implementation support and expert energy engineering services. We design innovative programs and initiatives that engage customers and drive interest and action in energy efficiency.