Leidos presents Army-Navy Cup X
Photo: Army Athletics
Army and Navy will face off in Army-Navy Cup X Saturday night at Subaru Park in Philadelphia. The match is presented by Leidos for the fifth year in a row.
Since it began in 2012, Army-Navy Cup has become one of the most highly attended collegiate soccer matches in the nation.
- The Army-Navy rivalry dates back to their first football game in 1890.
- The storied academies first competed in men’s soccer in 1938.
- Navy leads the all-time series 40-31-16.
- Army leads the Army-Navy Cup series 4-2-3.
- Army won Army-Navy Cup IX in April by a score of 2-0.
From the source: “Leidos has a rich tradition of supporting our nation’s armed forces, and we're proud to support an historic rivalry that captures the tenacity and grit of our Soldiers and Sailors,” said Gerry Fasano, Leidos Defense Group president. “These future military leaders will drive our country into new and promising horizons, and we look forward to cheering them on from the stands at Subaru Park.”
Army-Navy Cup X is latest in a long line of sports marketing partnerships for Leidos, which also sponsors:
- U.S. track stars Raven Saunders and Gabby Thomas.
- The NHL’s Washington Capitals, NBA’s Washington Wizards and WNBA’s Washington Mystics.
- The Marine Corps Marathon, also known as the “People’s Marathon.”
- Leidos Field at Ripken Stadium, home of the Aberdeen Iron Birds.
- The National Veterans Wheelchair Games, one of the largest adaptive sporting events in the world.
- D.C. United, one of the most storied clubs in Major League Soccer.
- Old Glory DC, Washington's first Major League Rugby franchise.
- The company also teamed up with the NFL’s Baltimore Ravens to tackle opioid addiction.
Please contact the Leidos media relations team for more information.