Substation Design & Engineering
Drawing from expertise in both civil and electrical engineering, Leidos offers utilities an efficient approach to substation planning, design, and operation. Our comprehensive design process includes planning for constructability, contracting, and equipment procurement – all essential elements of a successful project. We are dedicated to finding the right blend of aesthetically pleasing, environmentally conscious, functional solutions to meet current utility needs, while providing the flexibility required to accommodate future expansion.
In addition, Leidos provides innovative solutions for optimization and equipment expansion, added stability through leading-edge technology, and necessary upgrades, additions, or replacements in line with budget and system operation constraints. Our services include:
- Site development including environmental and permitting
- Site grading and drainage design
- Substation physical layout and design
- Structural analysis
- Bus design
- Foundation analysis and design
- Equipment selection, specifications, procurement, and evaluation
- Construction sequencing and cutover plans
- Protective device coordination studies and design
- DC system analysis and design
- Substation automation
- Digital relay data integration
Build valuable, workable, and successful solutions.
Leidos provides utilities with full lifecycle engineering and design solutions for substation projects, whether a new facility or modifying an existing asset.