What's next in healthcare innovation?
Illustration: Chris Gash
Leidos will showcase many of its science, technology and healthcare solutions at the HIMSS22 Global Health Conference & Exhibition next week in Orlando.
Why you should know: It’s the largest healthcare trade show of the year for the company and offers a glimpse into what’s next in healthcare innovation.
What to expect:
- On Tuesday, Leidos will host a session explaining the science behind its artificial intelligence (AI) solution that expedites the grant review process at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the world’s largest biomedical research agency which awards thousands of competitive grants each year.
- On Wednesday, the company will host a session exploring how the exponential growth in healthcare data, including data from wearable technology, is creating new opportunities to optimize human performance.
- On Wednesday, Leidos Chief Medical Officer Dr. Don Kosiak will discuss capacity challenges that continue to strain hospital emergency departments, and present solutions to modernize workflows and reduce wait times and bottlenecks.
- On Thursday, Leidos experts will host a focus group centered on how healthcare decision-makers can move beyond cybersecurity compliance to more modern, agile and effective models.
On the trade show floor, Leidos experts will present on several major initiatives within the company’s healthcare business, including:
- The U.S. military’s new electronic health record system, which is now operational at more than 2,200 locations in the U.S. and overseas. This live demonstration will also feature the latest in telehealth technology.
- The company’s mobile medical clinic, which over the past 40 years has conducted more than eight million exams for military veterans in rural and underserved parts of the country.
- The Department of Defense’s nonmedical counseling program, which is expanding at military installations worldwide to help servicemembers and their families deal with the unique challenges of military life.
- New data science solutions to help the federal government prevent and reduce fraud, waste and abuse among medical claims through traceability and real-time surveillance.
From the source: “HIMSS22 is a perfect opportunity for us to engage with other innovators and showcase the future of the healthcare industry,” said Leidos Sr. Vice President Jason McCarthy. “But more importantly, to engage with our customers, demonstrate our commitment to their missions and show them some of the many ways we can help them solve their most pressing challenges.”
For more information, please visit leidos.com/himss22.