Year in review: 2021 awards and rankings
Illustration: Getty Images
2021 was a year of achievement and recognition for Leidos.
Perhaps most notably, the company climbed to #248 on the Fortune 500, gaining 41 spots from its previous ranking.
- #1 on Washington Technology’s Top 100
- #3 on Military Friendly’s Supplier Diversity Program ($5 billion & over)
- #5 on Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies (IT services)
- #18 on Career Communication Group’s Top Supporters of HBCU Engineering Schools
- #19 on Defense News’ Top 100 Defense Companies
- #34 on Military Times’ Best for Vets Employers
- #34 on Careers & The Disabled Magazine’s Top 50 Employers
- #82 on Forbes’ World’s Top Female-Friendly Companies
- #90 on Forbes’ America’s Best Employers for Veterans
- #92 on FlexJobs’ Top 100 Companies for Remote Jobs
- #124 on Newsweek’s America’s Most Responsible Companies
- #193 on Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies
- #487 on Forbes’ America’s Best Employers for Diversity
- Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality from the Human Rights Campaign (100% rating)
- World’s Most Ethical Companies Honoree from Ethisphere
- Gold Medallion from the U.S. Labor Department’s HIRE Vets program
- Best of the Best on U.S. Veterans Magazine’s Top Veteran-Friendly Companies
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion from the Disability Equality Index (100% score)
- Leading Disability Employer Seal from the National Organization on Disability
- Public Sector Partner of the Year from Amazon Web Services
- Silver Award from Military Friendly Employers
From the source: “Reflecting on all we’ve accomplished, I’m thankful to our 43,000 employees for their commitment to making Leidos and our customers successful," said Leidos Chairman and CEO Roger Krone. "Together, we’ve grown our company while navigating the pandemic and advancing our mission to make the world safer, healthier and more efficient."
Earlier this month, Krone earned the Covid-19 Response Leader Award from Washington Business Journal.
Learn more: Rankings & Awards