Military health solutions on display next week in Orlando
Illustration: Chris Gash
Leidos will showcase its military health technology and holistic health solutions at the 2022 Defense Health Information Technology Symposium (DHITS) next week in Orlando.
Why you should know: For the U.S. military, medical readiness is a major pillar of overall combat readiness and deployability.
DHITS, sponsored by the Defense Health Agency (DHA), is designed to help promote a medically ready force through IT.
- “The symposium provides a unique venue for knowledge sharing, innovative ideas, discussions of lessons learned, and the introduction of exciting new developments within the Military Health System,” according to DHITS officials.
The symposium’s overall theme is transforming military healthcare together.
For Leidos, the major theme for the event is promoting better patient outcomes driven by innovative solutions.
What to expect: At booth #721, Leidos experts will demonstrate many of its latest health IT and whole health solutions, including:
- Secure data management tools based on artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and blockchain.
- Tools to help DHA meet federally mandated Zero Trust cybersecurity architecture.
- An expanded fleet of mobile medical clinics to help provide health services to veterans across the country, including those in rural and underserved communities.
- Nonmedical counseling designed to help ease the mental strains of deployment.
- Software factory capabilities designed to deploy mission-quality software at Silicon Valley speed.
- Human performance services to help prepare service members for success before, during and after deployment.
- Corporate initiatives to help battle America’s opioid epidemic.
At pavilion #411 and booth #416, DHA and the Leidos Partnership for Defense Health will demonstrate MHS GENESIS, a new electronic health record system that will support nearly 10 million service member and their families.
From the source: “We hope the technologies and innovations on display next week will help DHA promote medical readiness and ultimately help create more healthy and deployable warfighting units,” says Leidos Sr. Vice President Jason McCarthy. “Leidos is proud to be a premier partner to DHA in these ongoing efforts.”
The symposium will run Aug. 16-18.
Please contact the Leidos media relations team for more information.