Advancing military and veterans' health
Leidos is a health IT leader with a proven record of success delivering health data where and when it’s needed to support the best care no matter where. Our solutions support military readiness and dependable, seamless care from service to civilian including:
- Separation and benefit determination exams
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) optimization
- Health IT systems integration and modernization
- Human performance and behavioral health solutions
We proudly support the Defense Health Agency (DHA)
and the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (VA).
For more than three decades, we have served these agencies, from implementing and optimizing electronic health record (EHR) systems to developing health information interoperability capabilities.
Delivering the best care no matter where
Leidos has extensive experience in software development, systems integration, and health IT operations, maintenance, and sustainment services. We are proud to be North America’s largest commercial consulting practice in EHR implementation services and honored to be the prime contractor for the Defense Health Agency’s $4.3B DHMSM program responsible for the deployment of MHS GENESIS, the follow-on to the groundbreaking AHLTA/CHCS program.
We have decades of experience with military health solutions, and we understand and are fully prepared to support the unique challenges DoD faces in ensuring quality care for active-duty military, veterans and their families.
Modernizing the enterprise drives better outcomes
Leidos leads the data center operations management for the VA and MHS providing robust capabilities to both environments and supporting the agencies’ objective of seamless care. Beyond the benefits of turning capital expenses into operational expenses, managing the assets for these agencies informs our involvement in other programs and contributes to implementation success.
- VA locations include six major data centers, five regional data centers, and the nearly 30 remote and third-party locations.
- MHS collocates 25 server racks at a Leidos-managed facility where we support 15 environments for the development, integration, testing, and independent verification testing of the AHLTA/CHCS systems and its components. This data center averages 200 active users across 114 physical servers, 475 virtual servers, and 189 virtual desktops.
Supporting the pursuit of seamless care
We’re arming providers, hospitals, and payers with the solutions they need to drive action at the right time, when decisions can impact an individual’s health – improving quality, lowering total costs, and helping organizations thrive in the evolving healthcare environment. We provide:
- Seamless integration of disparate IT systems and tolls into a single platform, creating the same command and control environment we do in complex, large-scale government systems
- Proven technologies to reduce unnecessary variations in clinical workflows to impact clinical and financial outcomes and quality care delivery
- Strategic recommendations for clinical resource forecasting to reduce labor costs while maintaining optimum patient care
We are enhancing health care for
service members and their families.