Military and Veterans Health
Providing solutions for Defense Health’s most critical challenges
Leidos has a 30-year history of delivering digital transformation for the DoD and the experience needed to deliver large-scale and complex infrastructure, clinical content, workflows, and governance. We truly are pioneers in the early transformation of health data and were the first to transition data from paper to electronic systems. We now lead the next stage of this digital transformation journey, supporting the DoD’s mission to deliver the same quality of care across the Army, Navy, Air Force, and the U.S. Coast Guard.
With a legacy of Innovation, we are more than a long-term defense partner delivering results and technological progress for military health… we are the Leidos that you didn’t know existed! We are a long-term partner delivering results and technological progress for military health by providing services and insights to: Cyber, Digital Modernization, Integrated Systems, Mission Software Systems, Mission Support, Operations and Logistics, and Sensors, Collection and Phenomenology, Data Science and Engineering, Secure Development and Operations, and System Engineering and Integration.
, President of Health Group
Better insights power innovation that propels improved healthcare outcomes for America.
We proudly support the Military Health System (MHS)
and the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (VA).
For more than three decades, we have served these agencies, from implementing and optimizing electronic health record (EHR) systems to developing health information interoperability capabilities.
Delivering the best care no matter where
Leidos has extensive experience in software development, systems integration, and health IT operations, maintenance, and sustainment services. We are proud to be North America’s largest commercial consulting practice in EHR implementation services and honored to be the prime contractor for the Defense Health Agency’s $4.3B DHMSM program responsible for the deployment of MHS GENESIS, the follow-on to the groundbreaking AHLTA/CHCS program.
We have decades of experience with military health solutions, and we understand and are fully prepared to support the unique challenges DoD faces in ensuring quality care for active-duty military, veterans and their families.
Modernizing the enterprise drives better outcomes
Leidos leads the data center operations management for the VA and MHS providing robust capabilities to both environments and supporting the agencies’ objective of seamless care. Beyond the benefits of turning capital expenses into operational expenses, managing the assets for these agencies informs our involvement in other programs and contributes to implementation success.
- VA locations include six major data centers, five regional data centers, and the nearly 30 remote and third-party locations.
- MHS collocates 25 server racks at a Leidos-managed facility where we support 15 environments for the development, integration, testing, and independent verification testing of the AHLTA/CHCS systems and its components. This data center averages 200 active users across 114 physical servers, 475 virtual servers, and 189 virtual desktops.
Supporting the pursuit of seamless care
We’re arming providers, hospitals, and payers with the solutions they need to drive action at the right time, when decisions can impact an individual’s health – improving quality, lowering total costs, and helping organizations thrive in the evolving healthcare environment. We provide:
- Seamless integration of disparate IT systems and tolls into a single platform, creating the same command and control environment we do in complex, large-scale government systems
- Proven technologies to reduce unnecessary variations in clinical workflows to impact clinical and financial outcomes and quality care delivery
- Strategic recommendations for clinical resource forecasting to reduce labor costs while maintaining optimum patient care
We are enhancing health care for
service members and their families.